Skip Navigation

[Closed] Types was slow and question about Views

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by emerson 9 years ago.

Assisted by: emerson.

Author

Hello Emerson - it's Rob, I didn't post in the original spot because that issue was "resolved" 😉 But - because of the addiotional code we added to the functions.php I'm wondering about Views now.

Is there a way I can test Views in my environment? Or can you test it on the server you have access to?

Just FYI - I'm trying to deploy some sort of advanced searching capabilities (because of the large amount of data - it's why I installed Types so I could create CPTs and search on those directly from the DB). Not sure if this is something you've come across but I've tried Ajax Search Pro, to search just the Apple and Android CPTs I created with Types…and it's 120-180 seconds on my production site. It's 3 seconds on a test site with 14,000 posts - but no custom types or fields.

It appears when I try to hit those Custom Post Types (maybe the WP_Postmeta table?) everything slows down. I can't find anything to search the CPTs or Custom Fields that works in any kind of normal time frame.

Do you and your team have any thoughts?
Thanks!
Rob

Dear Rob,
Thanks for getting back to me, about your questions:

1.) Is there a way I can test Views in my environment?
Answer:

Yes sure, we have just release latest versions of some plugins like Views 1.8 (latest) and Types 1.6.6.2. I would recommend to update to those versions and use that for your development and testing.

Views 1.8 is the latest version which adds a lot of changes and bug fixes (you can see it on the changelog). You need to backup your existing development (files and database) just for safety for your old data.

2.) Or can you test (Views)t on the server you have access to?
Answer:
The Types dev team will be testing for that issue specific to Types. So we cannot test Views on that server to avoid conflicting and testing issues 🙂

The issue related to Types has been spotted on but requires some changes/more debugging in the core. The test site that we have been access to is useful if they need to run some confirmation tests (using your own server platform).

3.) It appears when I try to hit those Custom Post Types (maybe the WP_Postmeta table?) ...Do you and your team have any thoughts?
Answer:

Yes this is might be related to the issue on Types. As it will cache all the postmeta for native queries, so all that data was available just after one query (can be slow).

But just to confirm, can we also see this example on the test site that we have been access to? If not , can you provide us a test site URL where we can see this?

We would like to see this issue that you have mentioned:

' ........Ajax Search Pro, to search just the Apple and Android CPTs I created with Types…and it's 120-180 seconds on my production site. It's 3 seconds on a test site with 14,000 posts - but no custom types or fields.'....

If its on production site, I would recommend to replicate that functionality on the same server platform (same server setup like your production site) but on a test environment. So we won't be touching your production site 🙂 Thanks a lot. I have enable the private reply for this. Just in case you want

Cheers,
Emerson

The topic ‘[Closed] Types was slow and question about Views’ is closed to new replies.