Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Add search filter to check if field has content

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mikeC-5 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to: have an available checkbox on a custom search that filters whether or not a certain WYSIWYG field has content.

I know taxonomies can easily search for content via toggling checkboxes. However, when adding a filter, I didn't see the ability to display based on whether a field has content. Is there an easy way to do this?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Mike,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately there isn't a way to do this . Is it that you don't want the posts to display if the content is empty?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Kind of. Basically, there's a CPT of profiles. Each person's profile has an optional field for consultations. In a custom search, I want one available filter to be "offers consultation", which searches and displays profiles that have any content in the consultations field.

I see a two-step way to do it: make a taxonomy for consultations > Offered, then have a filter for that. Just curious to see if there's a more streamlined way to do it.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Mike,

This is the simplest way i see of doing it since my method would suggest the use of a custom field which is essentially the same approach.

Thanks,
Shane

Not a problem. I'll run with that. Thanks for the prompt replies. As always, Toolset Support is the best!

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.