Skip Navigation

[Closed] Adding & Updating Does Work

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by JesseRichard 11 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

On two different content types, one communities, the other homes.

On communities, I can't update. I hit the update button and nothing happens. It just sits there and the changes don't apply?

On homes, when you click add new you just get the title bar and none of the other options. I can hit update and then get the options but it's broken on the first screen.

Wonderful plugin aside from these problems.

Dear Jesse,

There is a problem when you have a required field in a group, and that group isnt assigned to any custom post type. When saving a post there is a validation error message that you cant see.

Try to either remove the requirement of the custom field, or assign the group to a custom type. We are working on a solution for next release.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards.
Caridad

Thanks for the assistance!! I was pretty sure that this was a validation problem as it seems to be interrupted by javascript. Unfortunately I still can update / add. It should be noted I even tried to remove the group altogether but nada 🙁

On your advice, these are the steps I followed:

1. Custom Fields > Communities
2. Post Types > Edit
3. Check > Communities
4. Save

Same results.

HOWEVER, it does work if I remove the old data and then create a new one (I've added this comment for your notes).

However, there is STILL no body (editor, etc) when I try and add a new homeplan. Just the post title field and nothing else. I can send a screen shot.

Thanks for your help. AWESOME PLUGIN!

Jesse

Dear Jesse,

Ok, send me a screenshot while editing the communities custom type.

Regards,
Caridad

Oh, actually, I added a new custom field and the problem seemed to have corrected itself. Well thank you very much!!

Okay, this problem seems to have arisen again.

Here is a screenshot of the edit page. Note nothing is showing up at all:

hidden link

And here you can see that it seems to be assigned properly?

hidden link

What am I doing wrong here??

The topic ‘[Closed] Adding & Updating Does Work’ is closed to new replies.