Skip Navigation

[Resolved] can a slider crossfade between paged instead of fading out and in?

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The issue here is that the user wanted a crossfade animation for his view slider.

Solution:

Unfortunately we do not have a crossfade animation for our view slider.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

hi,
i have this page:

hidden link

as you can see, i've made the featured image in a fixed position, to act like a changing background whenever a result changes.
but since the fade effect is fading first out and then in, the image first disappears and then returns, which leaves us in 500ms of white ugliness 🙂
is there a way to change from "fade out, fade in" to "crossfade"?
i alternatively tried a slide instead of fade, but since the image is fixed, it doesn't work.

thanks!
ido

update:

i changed to search without pagination, but search results also change with fadeout-fadein.
anyways i've left the page WITH pagination for reference here:

hidden link

thx

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Ido,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately no, what I do recommend that you do is to try another slide animation, such as the Slide Left and would work better for your case than the fade animation.

Thanks,
Shane

thx shane,
unfortunately like i said sliding won’t work as the image is fixed...
also, the actual search results appear is a strange fade. nothing to do there?
ido

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Ido,

The fade is a transition, so it fades out all the content on that slide and fades in the next retrieved contend.

Not much we can do except to increase the transition speed to reduce the fade between them.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.