[Waiting for user feedback] Conversion from Avada 4 to Avada 5 with Avada Shortcodes in Views

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will answer your ticket in about 10.64 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

You are not logged in. You can view support threads, but not post.
If you are already logged in, please refresh your browser.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nigel 5 days, 10 hours ago. The support staff assigned to this topic is Nigel.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author

I am trying to: Upgrade from Avada 4.0.3 to Avada 5.1.6.

I have Avada shortcodes in my Views, Content Templates, Archives, etc. Avada 5 requires conversion of the shortcodes, but it doesn't convert the shortcodes that are stored in the Views, Content Templates, etc. I found this site that explains how to have Avada convert shortcodes in custom types, but not sure that Views stores it's fields in custom types :https://theme-fusion.com/knowledgebase/avada-5-0-conversion-child-themes-custom-post-types/

Is there anyway that you know of to point Avada to convert the shortcodes that I have in my Views, etc? I thought maybe you've got a solution to this since you integrate with the Avada theme.

Thanks!
Mark

Nigel
Forum moderator

Supporter languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Supporter Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Mark

I wasn't aware you needed to run something to update the Avada shortcodes, I'm surprised the Avada update doesn't scan the database automatically for its shortcodes.

In any case, if you need to specify the post types where Avada shortcodes may be included in the steps outlined in the document you linked to, you should include the 'view-template' post type (Views Content Templates), and you may want to include the 'cred-form' post type if you have added any Avada shortcodes to CRED forms.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks. I've found there is also a post type of simply 'view' so I tried that one as well, but it seems that, at least at this point, Avada is not converting the shortcodes stored in those post types. I'm going to keep working at it and see if I can figure it out. Thanks.

Nigel
Forum moderator

Supporter languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Supporter Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Mark

Let me know if you get it working or not. If you are still struggling I might be able to take a look.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You are not logged in. You can view support threads, but not post.
If you are already logged in, please refresh your browser.

Known issues and their solutions

We document known issues and their solutions in Toolset erratas. Save time by checking there first and seeing if what you are facing is a known issue. This list is kept short. We do our best to resolve all known issues with every release of Toolset plugins.

Support Policy

Toolset staff will help you use the Toolset plugins correctly, provide any information you need, help troubleshoot problems and advice on best-practices.

Please make sure to issue only one topic per each support ticket.

For more information, read our full Customer Support Policy.

Need custom programming work for your site? Check out our certified partners.