Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Create custom field that renders as an image slider with maximum of 12 pictures

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by theW 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
CUF Example.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Quite a lot but for starters:
Let Administrators, Editors, Authors and Contributors, use a custom field in their post editor which would accept only images (jpgs or pngs) at a maximum of 12. When these are saved subscribers would be able to see them published on the front as a slider in the post.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
None that I had found.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Yes, only the end result in the front end for viewers though:
hidden link

The slider under the video is made with the Short Codes Ultimate Plugin:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/shortcodes-ultimate/

I would like the image slider to look something like that, (without the "sold" ribbon of course)
Each Editor should be able to have this metabox built in their editor without the need of using the Short Codes.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link
You're welcome to join and I would make you an administrator since all the content is hidden to the public.

Thank you so much, I just purchased your toolset and I'm really liking it!

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - we just published an article on how you can build slider or gallery using repeating image field. Could you please follow the following Doc:
=> https://toolset.com/2017/10/adding-a-gallery-of-images-for-custom-posts/

Thank you for the tutorial,
I'll try implementing it!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.