Skip Navigation

[Closed] Custom fields not displaying in Post Preview mode

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ghennadi 9 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Ghennadi.

Author

Hello, I'm having trouble with my custom fields displaying in the preview window when I go to publish a custom post. I was getting a 404 error at first, which was fixed by saving the permalink settings. Now, however, the post title displays in preview mode, but no custom content displays along with it. I have two custom fields within my custom post, neither of which are working.

I've been looking all over for a fix but to no avail. Anybody have any similar problems?

I'm displaying my custom fields on the front end with:

$portfolioContent = get_post_meta($post->ID, 'wpcf-portfolio-content', true);
echo $portfolioContent;

Thanks for any help.

Colin

Dear colinM-2,

Types save custom fields when you press save draft/publish. When you click 'Preview' without save post, wordpress loads post from last revision, but Types plugin not do any actions for revisions. It's not a bug, it's Types plugin logic.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.
Regards,
Gen.

Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 10.59.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 10.58.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 10.58.11 AM.png

Hi Gen,
Thanks for your reply. Although Types loads the last revision, it should still be loading the page content since it has been published already. I have attached a couple of screenshots to illustrate my issue.

As shown, there is custom content published and visible in the post page. However, when the preview post button is pressed, all that shows it the post title and that the comments are closed (see attached image). Finally, I included a view of what the page looks like live. Is there a reason I can't preview the page as it appears live?

Thanks for your time and any help you can offer

Colin

Dear colinM-2,

Can you provide me credentials of your site? I will check where problem.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.
Regards,
Gen.

Is there an email I can reach you at with login information?

Thanks
Colin

Dear colinM-2,

Please fill form bellow this message.

Regards,
Gen.

Here is the login/ftp info:

Dear colinM-2,

I found that you use custom structure for post type 'project'. It's require #post_slug in url. But when you click preview/view project url have only #undefined.
Problem not in Types plugin, you have to review your page-project.php and javascript for this page.

Regards,
Gen.

The topic ‘[Closed] Custom fields not displaying in Post Preview mode’ is closed to new replies.