Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom User Fields are not displaying content

This support ticket is created 8 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidZ 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I've got a VERY curious issue where I've created User Fields to save the name of the person who created a new user account.

Those fields are:
Referred by: First Name
Referred by: Last Name
Referred by: Email
Referred by: UserName

If I create a user and add info into those fields in their profile, then create a view to display that info, like this:

first: [types usermeta="referred-by-first-name"][/types]<br/>
last: [types usermeta="referred-by-last-name"][/types]<br/>
email: [types usermeta="referred-by-email"][/types]<br/>
username: [types usermeta="referred-by-username"][/types]<br/>

What displays is:

first: Referrer
last: Name
email: david@metaglyphics.com
username:

The first name field in the dashboard may say DAVID, but it renders as REFERRER. Similar problem with the last name field, and the username field is simply empty. Yet the Referred By Email field works perfectly.

I've been tearing my hair out to get to the bottom of this one. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dear david,

Please check these:
1) Since you are using Types shortcode to render them, please make sure those problem custom fields are created or managed by Types plugin
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/user-fields/
2) Check the problem user's profile, make sure the custom fields value are setup as what you want
3) make sure you are displaying those Types shortcode in a user loop, for example you can create a view to query the specific user, and in "Loop output" section, display the custom fields value as the codes you mentioned above

All of these items are correct... Yet the email field is the only one that displays the stored value.

It is abnormal, please try this:
1) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again
2) if the problem still exists, please duplicate same problem in a test site, and fill below private detail box with login details, also point out the problem page URL, thanks

You can see the issue at hidden link

I've listed all the fields in the sidebar widget along with their results:
first: Referrer
last: Name
email: user@domain.com
username:

I tried the credentials you provided, I can see a login form with "Protected Site", and I can not log into your website.
And the problem URL is in dashboard, which is WP admin side, How do you output the Views and Types shortocde? with PHP codes?

I've disabled the lock screen. You should be able to access it now.

thanks.

Sorry, I get the same error:
"Protected Site", and I can not log into your website.
Please check it, thanks

I was able to figure this out.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.