Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Don't show private pages to guests in VIEW

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

Hello

I got 10 pages
8 of them are private and should only be visible to admins

I list the 10 pages inside a toolset view
Guests should see only 2 but see all the 10 pages.
When they visit one of the private pages it gives them error 404

I'd like to hide the private pages from guests even from toolset view

In toolset access if I select "control with access" it shows all the pages
if I select "control with normal wordpress settings" it shows only 2 pages ( but it shows 2 pages only to admin too! that should see all private pages )

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support. I have checked by enabling access, creating View >> List private pages >> view it as Admin and Guest (public) user >> I see Private page when viewed as Admin, and no private pages in the list when I view as Guest (public) user.

Please provide back-end screenshots of the Access Control where you have managed the page by Access.

Please make sure that you have properly given access to Administrator role for those 8 pages. For more info: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/managing-wordpress-admin-capabilities-access/

Thank you

Schermata 2017-07-20 alle 14.10.03.png

Is this what you asked?

Noman
Supporter

Hello,

Yes that’s the basic thing I need to check, these settings looks correct. I noticed that you are trying to add access settings on “Topics” which I think is a custom post type. So I have tried to check this now on CPT as well as pages, at my end private posts / pages appear only to Admin and Guest can’t see it as expected, so I am not able to reproduce it for now.

To further debug this issue I need to take a look at your setup and to request temporary website WP-admin and FTP info for your site to debug further and to help in resolving this. Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Link to the [Views] Edit Screen and [Page link] where you have inserted this view. OR any other things related to this issue.

Thank you

Noman
Supporter

Thank you for providing login info and the details. I am working on it and will update you as soon as I am done with the debugging.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Noman
Supporter

admin user.png
guest user.png

Hello,

- I have added you View “Menu - Topics) on this page:
hidden link

- I have created a new View for Topics and add it on this page here:
hidden link

If we open these pages as Admin or Guest we see correct posts appearing for each case in both the Views (your original view & my test view), screenshots attached.

Your setup is complex with custom things being added and there are some confusions:
1. On this page hidden link
I found this View“[wpv-view name="topics-2-col-articoli" topic="Esercizi-tecniche-e-schede"] -- is it related to the menu or current issue somehow?

2. I am not sure what you are trying to achieve with the menu and why there are taxonomy terms added inside View like [wpv-post-taxonomy type='topic-cat' format='slug']
This is what causing the issue here, there can be other approach and method to do the same thing. Please explain the logic here and what you are trying to accomplish with this View?

Thank you

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.