Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Enable comments on front end for all posts of a Custom Post Type

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sgr2 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I use Types, Views, and a content template to display the custom post fields on the front end. I want the comment box to show on all of those front end pages.

I know they can be done manually as explained in an earlier thread - https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-add-comments-to-custom-post-type/. Is there a way to enable the comment box to show up automatically on the front end like it does for for all non-custom posts?

I was thinking of cloning the single.php to a single-cpt.php and enable comments there without a conditional, but maybe that doesn't link the comments to the post in the db. What is the right way of doing it (in functions.php or elsewhere) so that all posts created for my custom post type have a comment box on the front end?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Is it that you want the comment box to be enabled by default when you are creating a new CPT ? Or is it that your CPT isn't showing the Comments form on the frontend.

Thanks,
Shane

<quote>
Or is it that your CPT isn't showing the Comments form on the frontend.
</quote>

This wasn't working. I realized that the newer custom posts have that comments form on the frontend, only the old ones didn't. I'm manually enabling it for the old ones. I think this is how its designed?

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.