Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Error message in dashboard

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The following error message appeared in the WP backend: Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Solution:
This appears when using PHP 7.2, and will be fixed in the next release. A patch is available in the linked erratum: https://toolset.com/errata/php-7-2-error-using-integrated-theme-settings/

This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

I get the following warning messages when I log into the WordPress dashboard

must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/alicespe/public_html/travel/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-installer-theme.php on line 939

Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/alicespe/public_html/travel/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-installer-theme.php on line 962

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/alicespe/public_html/travel/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/otgs/installer/includes/class-installer-theme.php:939) in /home/alicespe/public_html/travel/wp-admin/includes/misc.php on line 1114

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Jane

It looks to be related to PHP 7.2—one of our devs is already investigating a similar warning that has arisen with PHP 7.2, which I note you are using.

I am escalating this and will update you when there is something to report.

Okay thanks. I changed it to PHP 7.1.14 and it seems to be okay now.

I'll await notice that I can change it back to 7.2

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Jane

An erratum has been published which includes a patch. It will be fixed in the next release, or if you want to upgrade to PHP 7.2 before then you can apply the patch described here: https://toolset.com/errata/php-7-2-error-using-integrated-theme-settings/

Thanks for your patience.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.