Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Front Page Layout modification is not shown (Toolset Starter)

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have selected a static home page for my site. The Layout applied to this static home page does not appear to be displayed properly on my site when I view the home page.

Solution: Change the Layout Usage for the desired home page Layout. Be sure to select "Home" under the Archives - Main Archives section.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/hierarchical-layouts/

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by fabriceC-3 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
view (ko).png
preview (ok).png
layout.png

I am trying to:
Apply a specific layout to the front page.

Link to my site:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The page with a side bar at right.

Instead, I got:
The page without the side bar (the layout works only with the other pages, not with the front page ! ?)

I am using last versions and Toolset Starter theme.

Hi, can you tell me your settings in wp-admin > Settings > Reading > Front page displays?

As mentioned, the wp-admin > Settings > Reading > Front page displays the page "Accueil"

Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 1.22.14 PM.png

Okay please click "Change how this Layout is used" at the bottom of your Layout editor. Open the section "Archives" and make sure "Home" is checked in the "Main Archives" subsection. If this does not resolve the issue, please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here so I can take a look in your wp-admin area for further investigation.

Screenshot attached.

Great, I'm glad this is working for you. It's a bit confusing, I agree. When selecting Layout assignments, a static home page is considered an Archive. When you select a static home page, you must also select a Layout for the Main Archive "Home". It doesn't matter if you select a page named "Home" that already has a Layout assigned, you will find that the only Layout that applies to a static home page is the Main Archive "Home" Layout. I hope this helps clear things up.

Hello,

Thank you Christian for the explanations.

It is absolutely clear now.

Best regards.

Fabrice

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.