Skip Navigation

[Resolved] fsocket timed out error when trying to register site

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I try to register Toolset on one of my local development server.
But when I enter the website code, it returns a

fsocket timed out

error.

Solution:
Ensure your server fullfills the Toolset Minimal Requirements.
Then also check your server supports at least

zip

cURL

and

fopen

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by martinP-7 7 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to: register Toolset on one of my local development server. But when I enter the website code, it returns a "fsocket timed out" error.

The site its registered in my Toolset account. I just can't seem to be able to register the code with the site.

I have checked and allow_url_fopen is set to "On" in php.ini I also tried increasing the default_socket_timeout to 180.

This is strange, I could register it fine on my local MAMP.

There is not much need in registering Toolset Locally, but it should work just fine.

Can you reproduce this problem online, so we could look at this?

I know, I have found it very strange. Also googling the problem which I did before posting here didn't seem to help.

No it appears to work online. But I will try again and see if I can reproduce it. I wondered if it would be possible to enter the code directly into the database as a work around?

It is theoretically possible but I can not tell you how.

Mainly, for security reasons. That subscription code is encoded and we can not publish how, of course.

Please let me know if this still happens - I tried again and it works fine locally, on MAMP, in different installs

I completely understand that. I was wonder, are there specific Apache modules that need to be enabled?

I am also running PHP 5.6.24 is that okay?

The PHP Version should work, and about modules, at least it should have zip, cURL and fopen enabled.

Set timeouts also to some sensible settings (sensible I mean, increase them)

This are our Server Requirements:
https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

Thank you Beda, it appears that the issue was caused by cURL not being enabled.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.