Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Full-Width Slider with 5 or 6 images on the slide

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
3.PNG
2.PNG
1.PNG
Current-slider.jpg
slider-wanted.jpg

Hello, I would like to ask you for an advice if you can help me how to create this kind of a slider as from the image attached.

Currently I have set the slider to pull images with its titles from a Custom Post Type Category and I have set to display them as 5 items per page. But when I Save and Preview the slider on the page it doesn't display them inline as from the desired style from the image above ( you can see it from the other attached image ).

I manage to make the slides inline with some CSS but I am not sure that I am doing it the right way as I am increasing the DIV width section of the whole slider by 145% so they to fit inline on the page but I am sure that this is not a correct way.

Also if I get the [wpv-post-link] in div tag it automatically makes the slides vertically positioned.

I would really appreaciate if you can advice me how can I make those slides inline full-width of the screen and get the titles to be centered on the slider images ( I tried by position: relative and left: - 150px but probably this is not a good solution )

Best regards.
Thank you.

I saw that you removed the required parts from the Loop Editor.
When you save that Loop, a red error will happen telling you exactly what parts are missing.
Without those missing parts the view won't work.

To put the slider inline, and ads jut positions of other text within it, you need custom HTML and CSS that we cannot provide here.

But generally, if you create a slider with the GUI, everything just works.
When you start to add content that is overlying the other, you need to either use JS or CSS to adjust it's position, just as if you would use HTML in a template created by PHP.

Toolset avoids the usage of PHP, but HTML and CSS cannot be avoided by Toolset.

Did you know that with the Module Manager Plugin, you can actually download full stack, and fully working, slider templates?
Please check this out, it's extremely powerful:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-toolset-module-manager/

Also, on http://discover-wp.com/site-templates/ we have several ready to go websites, that also use sliders of the kind you need.
I suggest to use Module Manager, Download a package and re-adapt this to your needs.
There are great packages, even with flex slider.

Hey @Beda,
Thank you very much for the advice.
I will try it with the Module Manager as you suggested and write down if I managed to build the slider with it.
Best regards.
And have a great day!

OK, please let me know if I can help you with anything else!

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.