Skip Navigation

[Resolved] i created a layout that will design page events

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to:

I visited this URL:actu-loisirs-swiss.ch

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Hello,

i have a problem with toolset

i created a layout that will design page events

On that page there is an example of a page but i have an error message that appear while i have selected a layout for that page.

hidden link

The message is:
You must select a layout for this page. The layout selection can be found on the editor page.

Can you help me please ?

Regards

I am waiting for your reply

Dear jerome,

I just got this thread. According to the warning message you mentioned above:
You must select a layout for this page. The layout selection can be found on the editor page.
You can try this:
Edit the problem page in wordpress admin side, in section "Page Attributes", there is an option "Template and Layout", you can setup the layout there. see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts-getting-started-guide/#single-page-template
section "Using Layouts to Design Single Pages", screenshot
hidden link

^DD49C802DAF41CE9EEBA768A06823F7CEAC8A6B3AF70B9B497^pimgpsh_thumbnail_win_distr.jpg
^3D00334FC026E7CEDE6EBC6B12AC12FB6CF3D3F5899E684D1C^pimgpsh_thumbnail_win_distr.jpg

Hello,
I configured the template as it should but it does not change anything

On the first capture where I have my page, I have this message that appears in the editor:

The Content Editor does not appear because the Layout Event Page layout does not include any abbreviated code or cell displaying the publication content.
While I put the abbreviated code on the template for the events I configured here:

Can you help me ?

Regards
Voilà il faudra leur envoyer ce message en envoyant bien les images dans cet ordre

It is abnormal, please try this:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Layouts plugin
2) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again
3) Enable PHP debug mode, copy and paste the debug logs here
PHP Debugging
In case you think that Types or Views are doing something wrong (what we call a bug), you should enable PHP error logging. Again, edit your wp-config.php file and add the following:

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
This will produce a file called ‘error_log.txt’ in your WordPress root directory. Make sure that the web server can create and write this file. If it cannot, use an FTP program to create the file and make it writable to Apache (normally, user www-data).
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

Hello I did the test and it did not change always the same error message

Please duplicate same problem in a test site, and fill below private detail box with login details and ftp access, also point out the problem page URL and layout URL, I need a live website to test and debug. thanks

I have another question using the theme extra does not allow to use for the misse in page combine a toolset
Have a good day

It seems that the credentials you provided is not valid, I get this error message when use the username "graff":
ERREUR : Ce mot de passe ne correspond pas à l’identifiant graff. Mot de passe oublié ?

Since your website is not in English, I am not sure what it means. Please check it, thanks

You can send in private message
Between the 9 and) there is + I just modified in the message deprive d'avent merci

I think an error with the google translation
Tell me if its works thanks

Same problem, I tried again, and get the error message when use the username "graff"::
ERREUR : Ce mot de passe ne correspond pas à l’identifiant graff. Mot de passe oublié ?

Please check it, thanks

You can send in private message I send you the code it works well dear me

I am sent to you in the private message another admin

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.