Skip Navigation

[Resolved] I have a WP install localized to Spanish but Toolset it’s still showing english

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When I choose "Español de México" language for my site or profile, Toolset still appears in English.

Solution: The best option for Spanish language Toolset is "Español" instead of "Español de México".

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Only think that I've done is set the WP profile to spanish, WP is localized.

I haven't found any documentation on how to achieve this.

It's a local install so far with the latest WP 4.8.1 version.

Alex

Hi, I'll be glad to help. There are two settings you may need to adjust.
1. Switch the site language by going to Settings > General. For "Site Language" choose "Español" and save. This will adjust the wp-admin language to be Spanish by default for all users.

2. Check your own profile settings by going to Usarios > Tu perfil. There is an option for "Idioma" which you can use to select a language for use in wp-admin. This will not affect other users, it is only for you. It will override any setting you choose in #1.

Let me know the results. If these settings do not adjust the wp-admin language, I may need to login to see what's happening.

Hi Christian,

The site was set to Mexican Spanish specifically, that's why it wasn't working, once I switched to just Spanish it worked great.

Thanks for your time Christian.
Alex

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.