Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Importing reference site to genesis child theme

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to import the reference site into existing theme.

Solution:
To transfer content manually from your imported reference site > into your another existing site. You have two options to transfer the “Listings” custom post type into your new site:

1. Please go to Toolset >> Export / Import >>
There are multiple tabs at the top for each plugin (Types, Views, CRED, etc). You need to go to relevant tabs in Export/Import page and export import data for each plugin (in your case its Types) into the new site.

-- Doc here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/exporting-and-importing-toolset-components-and-settings/

2. Alternatively, if you have moved listing posts already to the 2nd site, in that case you can add a new Custom post type using Types plugin and use same slug name as you have it in the original site (e.g. listings) -- this way the existing posts will also be shown up in the new Custom post type you create with the same name.

Relevant Documentation:
To install reference sites we have this doc:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-framework-installer-to-install-reference-sites/

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by coetzeeG 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

Hi there,

I have been fiddling with the classifieds reference site and it already pretty much has everything I need, minus user registration, I wanted to check what it would look like if I imported everything into my genesis theme.

I exported everything from the reference installation including all the content created with the reference site.

The problem I picked up is that none of the listings were showing, is there possibly a tutorial on importing the classifieds reference into one's own theme?

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Coetzee,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support. We do not have any specific doc for this particular case. To install reference sites we have this doc:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/using-framework-installer-to-install-reference-sites/

To transfer content manually from your imported reference site > into your another existing site. You have two options to transfer the “Listings” custom post type into your new site:

1. Please go to Toolset >> Export / Import >>
There are multiple tabs at the top for each plugin (Types, Views, CRED, etc). You need to go to relevant tabs in Export/Import page and export import data for each plugin (in your case its Types) into the new site.

-- Doc here: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/exporting-and-importing-toolset-components-and-settings/

2. Alternatively, if you have moved listing posts already to the 2nd site, in that case you can add a new Custom post type using Types plugin and use same slug name as you have it in the original site (e.g. listings) -- this way the existing posts will also be shown up in the new Custom post type you create with the same name.

Thank you

Cool,

Thanks very much, I will give that a go.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.