Skip Navigation

[Closed] Layouts Beta 3 unable to save

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I would like to report that I tested the 1.9-beta3 of Layouts and it is not possible to save any changes. Tried to edit a menu cell, visual editor cell and content cell. None of them responded to "save" or "Save and close" buttons.
Nor the main save button for the layout it self does work.

Tested with all other plugins disabled and Toolset starter theme.

Hi,

I can not duplicate same problem, please check these:
Enable PHP debug mode, copy and paste the debug logs here
PHP Debugging
In case you think that Types or Views are doing something wrong (what we call a bug), you should enable PHP error logging. Again, edit your wp-config.php file and add the following:

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
This will produce a file called ‘error_log.txt’ in your WordPress root directory. Make sure that the web server can create and write this file. If it cannot, use an FTP program to create the file and make it writable to Apache (normally, user www-data).
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

also check if there is any JS errors occur in your website.

Sorry Luo
I downgraded to Layouts beta 1 again when it didn't work.
To much time to reinstall and test again.
I just wanted to report my issue.
I'll wait for another update.

Please provide the a copy of your website, since it is a bug report, I need to duplicate same problem, and report to our developers, thanks.

How To Provide Supporters With A Copy Of Your Site
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

The site snapshot doesn't have the latest beta installed - as I downgraded - but I'm sure you can install it 🙂

I am downloading the file, will feedback if there is anything found

You are using old version of layouts 1.9 beda-1, but the latest version is 1.9 beta-4, I can see a lots of JS errors when I edit a layout, I suggest you upgrade all Toolset plugins to the latest version, and test again. you can download them here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Yes I know I use the old beta.
I tried to upgrade but then I couldn't save anything.
I had to downgrade to get it to work again.
That is when I reported the problem.
Beta 4 wasn't available at the time.
Did you test to install Beta4?, Did it work?

Yes, I did test your database with the latest version of Toolset plugins + Layouts 1.9 beta-4 + Views 2.3 B5, it works fine.

I tried updating to Layouts b4 now. It is the same.
I am unable to save anything in Layouts
How did you update. Is there something I need to change manually?
(I uploaded to plugins folder via ftp)

I get this error as a message:
There was an error during the ajax request, make sure the data you send are in json format.

And in console:

POST <em><u>hidden link</u></em> 500 (Internal Server Error)
send @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,suggest,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widge…:4
ajax @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,suggest,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widge…:4
e.ajax @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,suggest,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widge…:118
e.sync @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,suggest,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widge…:118
sync @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,suggest,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widge…:118
save @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,suggest,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widge…:118
saveViaAjax @ LayoutView.js:565
saveLayout @ LayoutView.js:549
_ @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,suggest,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widge…:118
m @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,suggest,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widge…:118
f @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,suggest,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widge…:118
u.trigger @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,suggest,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widge…:118
(anonymous) @ LayoutView.js:414
dispatch @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,suggest,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widge…:3
r.handle @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,utils,suggest,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui-widge…:3

Console link adress:
hidden link

If I open an existing Layout I'm unable to save.
I can save if I create a new Layout but I can not add a Field to visual editor cell.
Gets a shortcode [undefined]
So I downgraded - again.
Here is a link to screencast: hidden link

I tried to enable php debug mode as you described but I'm unable to get it to work.
If you enable private message I can send you a new snapshot.

menu gone.png

The menu in front end to edit views is also missing.

Now tested on localhost, doesn't work there either.
This is with php version 5.3 my online server has php 7.1
Different error on console.
Unable to save existing layout
Unable to add fields in new layout
(same steps as in the screencast i sent your earlier)

main.js:187 Uncaught TypeError: self.get_wpml_translation_preference is not a function
    at main.js:187
    at d (toolset-event-manager.min.js?ver=1.0:1)
    at Object.g [as applyFilters] (toolset-event-manager.min.js?ver=1.0:1)
    at n.saveViaAjax (LayoutView.js:514)
    at n.afterRender (LayoutView.js:257)
    at n.<anonymous> (LayoutView.js:35)
    at E (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,backbone,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui…:14)
    at n.r [as render] (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,backbone,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui…:14)
    at _ (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,backbone,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui…:16)
    at m (load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,backbone,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui…:16)
(anonymous) @ main.js:187
d @ toolset-event-manager.min.js?ver=1.0:1
g @ toolset-event-manager.min.js?ver=1.0:1
saveViaAjax @ LayoutView.js:514
afterRender @ LayoutView.js:257
(anonymous) @ LayoutView.js:35
E @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,backbone,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui…:14
r @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,backbone,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui…:14
_ @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,backbone,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui…:16
m @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,backbone,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui…:16
f @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,backbone,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui…:16
u.trigger @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,backbone,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui…:16
saveLayout @ LayoutView.js:499
_ @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,backbone,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui…:16
m @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,backbone,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui…:16
f @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,backbone,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui…:16
u.trigger @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,backbone,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui…:16
(anonymous) @ LayoutView.js:370
dispatch @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,backbone,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui…:3
r.handle @ load-scripts.php?c=1&load[]=jquery-core,jquery-migrate,underscore,backbone,jquery-ui-core,jquery-ui…:3

Found it.
2 issues
My .htaccess was corrupt +
Layouts is incompatible with this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/svg-support/
I have reported it to the plugin author as well.

Thanks for share the solution, so it is a compatibility problem between Layouts plugin and the "SVG Support", is there any feedback from the author of "SVG Support"?

The topic ‘[Closed] Layouts Beta 3 unable to save’ is closed to new replies.