[Waiting for user feedback] Many to many between custom post type and user

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

You are not logged in. You can view support threads, but not post.
If you are already logged in, please refresh your browser.

Related documentation: WordPress Custom Post Types

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Noman 2 days, 20 hours ago. The support staff assigned to this topic is Noman.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author

hello,

I am trying to set up a many to many relationship between a custom post type and the WP users.

I have the CPT "Projects" and the default wordpress Users post type :
- Each Project should has at least one Project Coordinator (which is a User) ;
- Each User may be Project Coordinator for various Projects.

How may I set this up ?
Thank you.

Noman
Forum moderator

Supporter languages: English (English )

Supporter Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Roman,

Thank you for getting in touch with us. Using Toolset you cannot create relationships between Custom Post Type and Users. But I think there will be a workaround that can help in your case:

1. Each Project should has at least one Project Coordinator (which is a User) ;
==> For this you may use plugin like “Co-Authors Plus” as this will allow you to have multiple users (project coordinators) assigned to a project: https://wordpress.org/plugins/co-authors-plus/

Please note that we do not officially guarantee on working of this 3rd party plugin, I am just sharing this as I noticed a client using it and the basic feature worked fine.

2. Each User may be Project Coordinator for various Projects.
==> This is already covered in WP native, because each user can have multiple posts (projects), rest will be manageable by above plugin.

Related tickets on same topic:
- https://wp-types.com/forums/topic/relationship-between-a-wordpress-user-and-a-post-type-not-working/#post-528377
- https://wp-types.com/forums/topic/user-relationship-with-a-custom-post-type/#post-318013

I hope the above info helps, Thank you

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You are not logged in. You can view support threads, but not post.
If you are already logged in, please refresh your browser.

Known issues and their solutions

We document known issues and their solutions in Toolset erratas. Save time by checking there first and seeing if what you are facing is a known issue. This list is kept short. We do our best to resolve all known issues with every release of Toolset plugins.

Support Policy

Toolset staff will help you use the Toolset plugins correctly, provide any information you need, help troubleshoot problems and advice on best-practices.

Please make sure to issue only one topic per each support ticket.

For more information, read our full Customer Support Policy.

Need custom programming work for your site? Check out our certified partners.