Skip Navigation

[Resolved] New REST API settings in the latest version of Types

This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jay 8 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Ross Fisher.

Author

Jay

In the latest update releases of Toolset, I have noticed new options in Types > Post Types regarding the REST API however no real mention of it in the docs. I am now seeing:

"Show In REST" checkbox
--> Whether to expose this post type in the REST API. Default: false.

"REST Base" textbox
--> Whether to expose this post type in the REST API. Default: $post_type.

I'm assuming these new options are to work with WordPress 4.4's first half of the REST API implementation? If so, what kind of implementation do you have so far? Custom endpoints?

Can someone point me to some documentation on this or perhaps give me an overview of what's happening with this?

Thank you for contacting Toolset support, I'd be delighted to assist!

I was surprised as you, I didn't know our developers added REST integration! I'm sure we are on creating documentation for it.

As registering existing Types into the REST API was as simple as hidden link I think all that needs done is to install the REST plugin and begin using it!

Jay

Awesome! Thanks Ross! 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.