Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Nothing happens when I click “Export”

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here was the user isn't able to export his toolset object by going to Toolset -> Import/Export

Solution:

It seems the solution in this case was to enable the mb-string module for his server.

If you are experiencing a similar issue please ensure that this module is enabled.

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by leeF-2 7 years ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am trying to export my site. I'm using Chrome. However, when I hit "Export", nothing appears to happen. So I looked in the console, and have found this:

Resource interpreted as Document but transferred with MIME type application/zip: "<em><u>hidden link</u></em>".

Also, I've found, when I click "Export" (download option) in the "Layouts" section, I'm getting a 500 error. This is happening in both Edge and Chrome. Both are latest versions.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Could you please confirm you are trying to export things using Module Manager?

Could you please share exact steps to reproduce the issue? Few screenshots will be useful to understand your issue.

snag1.jpg
snag2.jpg

Hello Minesh,

I have found the Chrome is responsible for the fact that nothing happens when clicking on a download link. This has been corrected by simply closing and killing all Chrome.exe tasks, and restarting.

However, for the 500 error, I have not found a solution for that. Here is what I'm doing:
- Visiting Toolset->Import/Export
- Clicking on "Layouts" tab
- Click on "Export" as shown in the attached "snag1.jpg"
- The 500 error is displayed as shown in the attached "snag2.jpg"

Shane
Supporter

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Lee,

As Minesh is currently unavailable. I'll be handling this ticket.

There might be a plugin conflict here and as such I would like for you to temporarily disable all your non-toolset plugins and try again.

Once you have done this please let me know the results.

Thanks,
Shane

snap1.jpg

Hello Shane,

So I disabled all the other plugins, except for those shown in the attached screenshot. And the issue persists.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Lee,

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the website so that I can have a look ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Lee,

I'm able to see the issue. Thank you for the credentials.

What I would recommend that you is to enable the wordpress debugging please follow the instructions in the link below.
hidden link

Please let me know the error once you have enabled this.

Thanks,
Shane

Actually, found the problem. It was simply that php-mbstring was not installed on my server. After updating that and restarting Apache, all worked as expected.

Thanks, Shane, for the help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.