Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Notification settings

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 81 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Nicholas 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Thank you Shane.

Hey any updates on this?

Hi Nicholas,

This issue is already been escalated to the second tier and we will work on it ASAP.

So, please keep following this ticket and we will notify you once we get any news.

Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Nicholas,

I will be taking a look at this once more for you.

As soon as i'm able to find anything I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Shane

Please. I've been waiting for soooo long. 🙁

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicholas,

I'm not able to replicate this issue on a fresh install,

However I checked on the site again and noticed that this function here was missing.

add_filter( 'wpv_filter_wpv_view_shortcode_output', 'prefix_clean_view_output', 5, 2 );

function prefix_clean_view_output( $out, $id ) {
    if ( $id == '375' ) {
        $start = strpos( $out, '<!-- wpv-loop-start -->' );
        if ( 
            $start !== false
            && strrpos( $out, '<!-- wpv-loop-end -->', $start ) !== false
        ) {
            $start = $start + strlen( '<!-- wpv-loop-start -->' );
            $out = substr( $out , $start );
            $end = strrpos( $out, '<!-- wpv-loop-end -->' );
            $out = substr( $out, 0, $end );
        }
    }
    return $out;
}

Add the above to your functions.php file and change the id 375 to the id of your view and then try again.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

I removed this function because it didn't solve my problem. I just tested it again, but it didn't work.

Please help.

What does this function do by the way?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicholas,

What the code does is to allow for view to produce a clean output without some of the new wrapper divs.

Since we are having issues with this I would like to ensure that this is not a server issue as we here are not able to replicate.

Also i'm having some issues setting up the duplicator package for testing. Would it be possible for you to setup on your server a test site with our Classified Demo site
hidden link

The reason for this is that I notice that your form was modelled from this where you have the messaging forms.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks.

Yes I'll see what I can do. It's going to take some time though, so if you could keep this thread open this would be great.

I run my website on a linode server. What could be the issue?

What hosting company do you guys recommend?
Where do you guys run your system on?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicholas,

Just letting you know that this works when a view isn't being passed to the CRED generic shortcode.

Actually this isn't supported as Views isn't meant to provide dynamic content for CRED, however it is possible but not supported under our support threads either.

So getting it to work is actually out of scope, but i'm trying to see how best we can get this working. If the Demo clean install works then we can narrow it down to the website itself and not necessarily the server.

Our site is actually using Amazon's AWS service, however a shared hosting service such as bluehost or hostgator should work fine for you.

Thanks,
Shane

I am actually trying to get it to work without custom code. I set up everything on my site exactly like the toolset reference site and have the latest version of the classifieds plugin installed.

I didn't know you guys are using custom code on your reference sites, but as it turns out you are.

This is not the only case.
Here's another example where you guys used custom code on your reference site without telling anyone.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred_link_form-not-working/

I am on a Linode VPS.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicholas,

I highly suspect that this is a server issue.

As using a view to provide content for a CRED for is possible but not supported i'm not able to debug this further since this is what causes the issue.

Have you tried importing a fresh copy of our Classified demo and see if the form works perfectly ? If it doesn't then it's definitely an issue with the server. If it does work then its an issue with the website and we can debug to see what is wrong.

Thanks,
Shane

Still not resolved.
It's definitely a server issue. I imported a copy of the site to a shared hosting environment and noticed that the e-mails for reply messages were delivered. The e-mails for new messages were still not delivered.

I am on a Linode VPS right now, using nginx. How do I have to configure my /etc/nginx/sites-available and /etc/nginx/nginx.conf files to make it work?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Nicholas,

I'm actually not so knowledgeable on nginx servers, however since we are using a non-standard practice to send the messages we are unable to debug, because this form of setup is actually not supported.

Will the site live permanently on this server ? or is it just for development.

Thanks,
Shane

Why is nginx not supported?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.