Skip Navigation

[Resolved] page content not displaying when views are activated

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When Views is active, the content on my home page disappears except for the header and footer.

Solution: Check to see if a Content Template is assigned to the home page. If so, verify the contents in that Content Template. You may add the contents of the homepage using the post body shortcode, or you may choose a different Content Template for the homepage, or you may choose to remove all Content Templates from the homepage.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/view-templates/

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jamesK-8 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
picture 2.jpg
picture 1.jpg

I am trying to: Activate views plugin

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: the complete home page (picture 1)

Instead, I got: (picture 2) after activated views plugin i don't see the main content of the page. I am using AVADA theme, and i use it on other sites, but this is the only site with the issue. I have disabled all the other plugins that are not related to toolset, but same issue.

Hi, I need some more information in order to help diagnose the problem
- First, please include your site's debug information with every ticket. This provides me with a lot of information about your site's plugins, themes and configurations so you don't have to manually include them. We have an article with instructions located here: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

NOTE: Please be sure to check the box to indicate you can provide debug info and paste your debug info in the debug field provided, and NOT in the general response field.

- Which Avada plugins do you have active? (automatically included in debug info)
- What version of Avada is installed? (included in debug info)
- What version of Views is installed? (included in debug info)
- What other Toolset plugins are active? (included in debug info)
- Can you tell me how the home page is set up? Is this a static page?
- Are any errors visible in your browser's JavaScript console when you view the homepage with Views active?
- Are any errors registered in your site's server logs? If you do not have access to those, I can show you how to enable them. Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

Activate Views and load the homepage. If any server-side errors are registered, this will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents. Once that is done, you can revert the updates you made to wp-config.php.

Can you tell me how the home page is set up? Is this a static page?

Yes the home page is a Static Page. Also we noticed for any new pages we create while the toolset views is active , those new pages are also blank content.

- Are any errors visible in your browser's JavaScript console when you view the homepage with Views active? No. I used the crome browser developer tools and there are no error on the console window.

Are any errors registered in your site's server logs? No, i configured wp-config.php as instructed and refreshed the home page mulitple times, no change on the log file.

OK thank you. Please try the following troubleshooting steps to help pinpoint the issue:
- Temporarily disable non-Toolset plugins and review the homepage again. If the problem is resolved, re-activate plugins one by one until the conflict is revealed.
- If disabling other plugins does not resolve the issue, temporarily activate a default theme like Twenty Seventeen, and check to see if the home page content becomes visible.

If neither of these steps seems to resolve the issue with homepage content disappearing, I'll need to take a closer look in your wp-admin area and create a clone of your site so I can run some tests. If that's okay with you, please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here. I will use the Duplicator plugin to clone your site if needed.

Hi, you have an empty Content Template assigned to the Page post type:
wp-admin/admin.php?page=ct-editor&ct_id=11514&action=edit

If you assign a Content Template to a post type, the main content area will be replaced with the contents of your Content Template. So you have two options:
1. You can place the main post content in the Content Template using the [wpv-post-body] shortcode:

[wpv-post-body view_template="None"]

2. You can choose not to use a Content Template on this page, or choose a different Content Template that includes the [wpv-post-body] shortcode.

I deleted that content template. now the content is displaying. Thanks for your help.The template must of been created by mistake.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.