Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Parametric Search Not Working after update to version 2.3 of Views plugin

This support ticket is created 7 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
ss2.png
ss1.png

Hi!

after updating plugin Views to version 2.3 stopped working parametric search for tags, if the slug of tags in Cyrillic (see screenshots),

link to check:
hidden link

in the previous version of the plugin Views this search worked correctly,

p.s. for purity check all the other plugins and PHP-code have been disabled.

It works for me.
I also do not see an issue on your linked site, and no JS error.

Can you elaborate in what specific situation that Search with Cyrillic Characters breaks a Custom Search?

Thank you

ss3.png

Hi Beda!

1. repeat - I already showed you the exact location of the problem in the screenshot ss1.png of the first message (the red arrow),

2. repeat - check the correctness of the parametric search is that field, which is indicated by the arrow (see sreenshots ss1.png of the first message and ss3.png from this message) (again, but closer) and you'll see that the search by tags not working (It can not find the records that exist in the table):

hidden link

3. repeat - the slug of tags (attention - SLUG OF TAGS) in Cyrillic (see screenshot ss2.png of the first message), if I change the SLUG in English or numbers, the search on this field (by tag) starts to work correctly,

4. repeat - in the previous version of the plugin Views this search worked correctly,

thanks!

I understood that, and made the test on your site, and could see results after submitting the search, and no JS error.
That is why I asked clarification.

I also stated this is not replicable locally.

As such, to avoid loss of time for you, I think a Site's Snapshot is the best way to analyse this.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Once I have that, I can make local tests, and see where things go wrong.

Thank you

Thank you.
I tried that, but I get:

Создание прервано
Что-то произошло при текущей сборке.
Пожалуйста, попробуйте запустить процесс опять.

Can you try to build the package?
I cannot seem to succeed with this.
Another possible approach is a Zipped wp-content and a database dump, which I can then deploy locally.

ss4.png

Hi Beda!

I created package in Duplicator plugin (see screenshot), you can download it through the site admin panel.

thanks!

I am downloading and get back to you ASAP.
This might be Sunday as my weekend is Friday and Saturday.

I will debug it and then let you know my findings.

ss5.png

Beda, in no case do not hurry you,

but because of this error on the work website of the Institute, students not have the possibility to search for teachers in the educational portal, which in turn is detrimental to the educational process (see screenshot),

work website link:
hidden link

therefore I expect just solution to the problem,

thanks!

I have problems with this Duplicator.
For once, I cannot read Russian and have troubles even setting the backend to English, it seems to reset always to Russian.

And then, I see there are several plugins that can affect the behaviour - which I do not use locally.
Cache, WordFence (which actually prevents me from even saving a View) and more.

I need to find a colleague who speaks fluent Russian, then I'll send him this Package for analysis.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi, Beda!

I checked this error with the disabling of ALL plugins, including Cache and WordFence - these plugins have no effect on this error,

the only thing that influences this error - change SLUG OF TAGS from Russian to English (or numbers), I found this myself, having done the job of finding the error for you

I remind you that:

because of this error on the work website of the Institute, students not have the possibility to search for teachers in the educational portal, which in turn is detrimental to the educational process,

work website link:
hidden link

thanks!

Thank you.

I was meanwhile able to find a way to replicate this.
It seems not all characters conflict.

I already informed the Developers on this.

I will update you here ASAP.

For the emergency situation you experience now, I can only suggest to use Full Page Reload on that Search, this will work.

Hi!

The plugin Toolset Views has been updated to version 2.3.2, but the problem has not been fixed, why?

This is because the fix has not been included.

It is planned to be fixed with Views 2.5

Unfortunately, it is not in my hands to control this.

I do apologise the inconvenience.

After the discovery of the problem it was almost 80 (!) days .......

This has been moved to be fixecd in Views 2.4.1

I will update you here if I have any news.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.