Skip Navigation

[Resolved] "Please check the layout you are trying to render actually exists." for home pag

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohammed 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author

I have created a TOOLSET LAYOUT and assigned it to the proper Pages, Posts, etc...

It seems to work great for all pages... excpet for the assigned home page.

No matter what page I assign as the home page, I get the text.. "Please check the layout you are trying to render actually exists." at the top of the page.

For example, here is my site and the assigned home page.... hidden link

As you can see this page is blank. If you were logged in it would say "Please check the layout you are trying to render actually exists." at the top of the page.

However here is another internal page called "Our Staff" page.... hidden link

This page shows up just fine. However, if I were to assign this page as the Home Page in Settings >> Reading, it would also give me the same result as above.

"Please check the layout you are trying to render actually exists." at the top of the page.

Hello Ned,

I’m Mohammed: the Toolset support team leader. I’ll give my best to help you.

I succeeded to assigned the Layout to the homepage. there should be something wrong that unfortunately, I couldn't recognize but anyway, it's working now.

FYI, to make it work, I went to the Layout (No Sidebars), scrolled down, Clicked the button (Change how this layout is used), Choose the homepage and then saved.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.