Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Plug in Conflict with Woocommerce Product Feed Plugin

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
screenshot-showing-spinning-save.png

This problem relates to a problem that we posted about here: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plug-in-conflict-7/ where the person suggested we post this here instead to get help.

I want to reiterate that the problem mentioned is not theme related, as we reverted to the core WordPress theme, and still have the conflict. Also, we disabled all plugins, reenabling them one by one (took as hours), changing themes etc., the problem was isolated to the Woocommerce Product Feed Plugin.

Basically, as mentioned there, if you run the Woocommerce Product Feed Plugin and Types at the same time, if you try to create a new Type or Edit an old type, the “Saving Your Changes” from Types just keeps spinning and nothing every happens (see attached screenshot). When you then disable the Woocommerce Product Feed Plugin (no matter what other plugins or themes you are using), you can then create a new post type again and/or edit an old one with Types with no problem (the spinning “Saving your Changes” from types goes on for a few seconds, but then stops).

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Yehuda,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support.

1. I can see that you are using older version of Toolset plugins (Types, Views etc). Please update ALL Toolset plugins to it latest official release. Or you can download it from your account:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2. Also you are using older version of WooCommerce Product Feed, please use updated version:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/webappick-product-feed-for-woocommerce/

Please let me know how it goes. Thank you

Sorry, but I sent you our report from the live site, where stuff is not updated because we didn't update the live site due to the problems mentioned. However, rest assured this has nothing to do with the version of the plugin. I don't have time to get the report from the staging website, but we updated the plugins to the correct version and the same problem occurs. We literally spent hours on this to isolate the specific plugin. To repeat: Every plugin was updated to the latest version and the problem still occurs. There is a conflict between Woocommerce Product Feed Plugin and Types, no matter what version you use, what theme etc. You cannot save Types when both these plugins are turned on.

Noman
Supporter

Hello,

I am not able to reproduce this issue at my end with Types and WooCommerce Product Feed activated. I can successfully save, edit, add new Post Type.

1. Please Enable WordPress debugging in your site and look for any errors on the page or in error_log file: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-toolset/

2. Please also provide temporary website WP-admin and FTP info for your site so I can see your setup. Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

Noman
Supporter

Hello @osseonews

I have asked our Support leader to make the post private. Please perform the debugging steps I have requested you in my previous response. After that please provide temporary website WP-admin and FTP info for your site.

Also please provide Duplicator package using plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I have enabled private message box as well, looking forward to help you. Thank you

Noman
Supporter

Our Support Leader said that we can only have private replies but can't make an entire post private.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.