Skip Navigation

[Closed] possible to re-order field groups in cpt edit screen?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Caridad 11 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

Hello,

Is it possible to re-order where the custom field groups show in the cpt edit screen? Currently each new field group is just added on top of the previous one, which means once it's complete editors will be filling it out in reverse order.

Thanks for any pointers on this,

-Warren

Dear Warren,

You can re-order meta boxes by dragging them.

Regards,
Caridad

Caridad,

Thanks for the reply, but that's the first thing I tried. I cannot drag to reorder them either on the custom post type edit screen or the types --> fields screen. Where should I be looking to drag and drop reorder fields that I've created with types that appear on the edit screen of the custom post type I've created?

-Warren

Dear Warren,

Its in the post edit screen itself where you can reorder the boxes. This is default wordpress functionality. I have tested on my local server and it works as expected.

Regards,
Caridad

Caridad,

Ok, I've just tried this on a new install of WP 3.4.1 with only Types and Views active, it does work, so there must be a plugin conflict on my other site preventing the visual reordering. However, this presents another problem. The reordering does not change for other users/roles, they would have to reorder the fields themselves, which they won't do. I'm trying to avoid the confusion of filling the form out backwards for them or the extra work of starting over and working in reverse.

I am making this form for other users to fill out. It is going to be quite large and when I'm done they'll be filling it out in reverse unless I make the form backwards, from the bottom up. I'm looking for a way to reorder the fields from a very fundamental level so I only have to do it once. Right now they're appearing in the order I've created them, which is logical but isn't there some way within types to order the field groups I've created?

Thanks,

-Warren

Dear Warren,

Initially we had an option to position them 'default', 'low' and 'high' (but for all edit pages not per type),
But this wasn't a complete solution and we finally dropped it. We have to re-consider adding support for sorting these in a better way.
Ill get your request sent to the right person.

Regards,
Caridad

The topic ‘[Closed] possible to re-order field groups in cpt edit screen?’ is closed to new replies.