Skip Navigation

[Closed] Post Thumbnail / Featured Image

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by quinton 11 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

I am running into an annoying problem. I have a few different types created, and I want them to have the WordPress post thumbnail box in the editor page but it won't show up. I have checked the box under Types -> Custom Types and Taxonomies -> "Post Type Name" -> Thumbnail (Add a box for uploading a featured image) yet it won't show the option in the editor.

On the actual edit page I've clicked on "Screen Options" at the top and the featured image option isn't there.

How do I make this work? I have tried: updating to the latest version, un-checking the option, updating, then checking it again, deactivating the custom type and activating it again.

(I'm also running the latest version of WordPress)

If you are trying to do the featured image, there should be a link on the lower right hand side of the dashboard when you are in edit mode. Also when you add a image through the Media gallery, there is a option in that box that will allow you to use the image as a featured image.

That is what I am expecting to see but it is not there which is why I need help.

Are you running a custom theme or one that comes with WordPress?

Some themes may not have the featured image code in them that allows that functionality to work..

I am running a paid theme that didn't have have it enabled so I added this code to the functions file:

add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails', array("post", "page", "movies", "tv-shows", "trailers", "tv-ads") );

Where is this code in the functions.php located? Is it in the function that sets up the theme's functions or outside of? AFAIK, the function add_theme_support can only be called once. In the Twenty Eleven theme, again IIRC, it is called from here.

function twentyeleven_setup()

So somewhere in your theme, it needs to be called from the function that does all the setup.

Under "Screen Options" (far upper right of post edit screen) make sure you have "Featured Image" selected.

Thanks a bunch. I moved where my add_theme_support call was and it works!

The topic ‘[Closed] Post Thumbnail / Featured Image’ is closed to new replies.