Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Pre-sales inquiry: Would you recommend Toolset for devs?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hey guys,

I'm highly considering Toolset for my project but I was wondering if you recommend this plugin for developers? I'm gong to build a plugin that would use Beaver Builder and hopefully this.

Besides from being able to create CPT using a UI, can the Toolset also manage columns in the admin section? Can it also add custom filtering/sorting in the admin page?

Can it create a fully working add/edit/delete/list in frontend by just using the UI?

Is it multisite compatible?

Any quirks when using with Beaver Builder? Can Layouts and Views work with BB?

That should be it for now, I will be reviewing the docs today.

Thanks.

PS: I apologize if this is not the correct forum to post to.

Hi,

There are lots of questions in this thread, I am trying to answer them one by one:
Q1) I was wondering if you recommend this plugin for developers?
Yes, we do recommend Toolset plugins for developers.

Q2) can the Toolset also manage columns in the admin section?
There is an option "Post Fields to be shown as columns in Post Type listing in WordPress Admin" when you create/edit a custom post type created with Types plugin, see our document:
You can include some Post Fields in the listing page for custom post type. Add Field Group(s) to this Post Type and you will be able to select which fields will be displayed in the listing page

When you edit/create a custom taxonomy created with Types plugin, there is am option "show_admin_column":
Whether to allow automatic creation of taxonomy columns on associated post-types.

Q3) Can it also add custom filtering/sorting in the admin page?
Unfortunately, both (custom fields and custom taxonomy column) are not sort-able.

Q4) Can it create a fully working add/edit/delete/list in frontend by just using the UI?
Yes, Please try the CRED plugin, which is part of Toolset plugin:
https://toolset.com/home/cred/
CRED lets you build forms that edit any WordPress content

Q5) Is it multisite compatible?
Yes, it is compatible with wordpress multisite installation, in the demo site, we use wordpress multisite installation, you can create your own sub-site, and test:
http://discover-wp.com/

Q6) Any quirks when using with Beaver Builder? Can Layouts and Views work with BB?
You can design the Views content template with Beaver Builder, see our document:
Designing Templates for Custom Post Types and Custom Fields with Beaver Builder
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/benefits-of-templates-for-custom-types-bb/
But since Beaver Builder isn't product from our company, there might be some compatibility problem, you can feedback if there is any problem.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.