Skip Navigation

[Closed] Question: If I group an existing Custom Field name and change that name

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radford 11 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: bruce.

Author

...inside the group. Does that Custom Field Name change in other groups - or is it only within the scope of a Group.

So For Instance:

Group Name: Game Reviews
Custom Field Name: Gameplay Score
Field Slug: some_generic_field1

Group Name: Smartphone Reviews
Custom Field Name: Reliability Score
Field Slug: some_generic_field1

So, in a smartphone review, I want to display "Reliability Score" with the same slug but the differentiator is the group name while on the Game Review I display Gameplay Score.

Am I making any sense?

Hi Radford,

You wont be able to do this. You can't have a different Custom Field Name and use the same slug. The name of the other custom field will be overwritten.

Best regards,
Bruce

Thank you. This is exactly what I needed to know.

The topic ‘[Closed] Question: If I group an existing Custom Field name and change that name’ is closed to new replies.