Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Relative links on image uploads

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by chrisH-10 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Some feedback on image uploads.

When using the image uploader that comes with Toolset the field includes the full URL. This can't be edited to a relative link to the Uploads folder. Using the Duplicator plugin covers site migration to a new domain but for SEO purposes it would be better work with the relative path.

I have seen this as a criticism in other posts and one where one of your support staff suggests that this may be changed by developers to allow the use of relative URLs:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/relative-path-for-files-field/

This was two years ago so is there any updates or, an explanation, at least why we must use absolute paths in that field.

Stephen Vaughan @ Abbott Consulting.

Thank you for contacting us.

This is a Types Feature, as such I'll pass this to the related Supporter.
He'll reply to you on Monday.

Cheers Beda,

As you are the Layouts man, I have left another ticket concerning layouts at:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/bootstrap-breakpoints-not-correct/

Stephen at Abbot Consulting.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Stephen - Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Please allow me to consult with our developers and I'll get in touch with you as soon as I know more.

Minesh
Supporter

Our developers approve this feature but this will be scheduled to be added with Types future release 2.5 or 2.5.

That would be good. I look forward to seeing this implemented.

Cheers

Cheers. What about this feature request ?

Since it has been 2 years (2017) and the version is now 3.3 (and I can see this was planned for 2.5.x), where can I find this essential option ?

Minesh
Supporter

Well - This feature didn't make it into Types after all, and if you need this feature I suggest you submit the request as detailed as possible here:
=> https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/.

@jerome1 I also made a feature request for this...

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.