[Resolved] Setup a view with order by Post Title, ascending but is not sorting correctly.

This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

You are not logged in. You can view support threads, but not post.
If you are already logged in, please refresh your browser.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  matthewL-4 1 week ago. The support staff assigned to this topic is Luo Yang.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author

Setup a view with order by Post Title, ascending but is not sorting correctly. It appears it is either being sorted by Post Date or ID, I'm not sure.

Link: http://www.fabscout.com/devsite/models

Please note: This is an ADULT model management site, the galleries are NSFW. You may want to hide the link from being publicly available.

Luo Yang
Forum moderator

Supporter languages: English (English ) Chinese (Simplified) (简体中文 )

Supporter Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Dear Matthew,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, in case there is other compatibility problem in your website, please check these:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins
2) Deactivate other plugins (except Types plugin) and switch to wordpress default theme 2017, and test again

If the problem still persists, please provide a database dump file (ZIP file) in below "private detail box", I need to duplicate same problem and debug it in my localhost, thanks

Luo Yang
Forum moderator

Thanks for the details, I am downloading the file, and trying to duplicate same problem, but I am on a trip, may answer it later.

Luo Yang
Forum moderator

Here are what I found, the problem URL:
http://www.fabscout.com/devsite/models

It is a wordpress archive page of post type "models", it is not recommended to create a normal wordpress page with same slug "models", it will conduct some unexpected result.

In your case, I suggest you try to create a Views wordpress archive to style/format the archive page of post type "models", see our document:
WordPress Archive – Customizing the Appearance of Archive Pages
https://wp-types.com/documentation/user-guides/normal-vs-archive-views/

Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You are not logged in. You can view support threads, but not post.
If you are already logged in, please refresh your browser.

Known issues and their solutions

We document known issues and their solutions in Toolset erratas. Save time by checking there first and seeing if what you are facing is a known issue. This list is kept short. We do our best to resolve all known issues with every release of Toolset plugins.

Support Policy

Toolset staff will help you use the Toolset plugins correctly, provide any information you need, help troubleshoot problems and advice on best-practices.

Please make sure to issue only one topic per each support ticket.

For more information, read our full Customer Support Policy.

Need custom programming work for your site? Check out our certified partners.