Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Submitting Location to Google Maps via CRED form does not work as expected.

This support ticket is created 7 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 29 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Hi, back to my pet project where I am still having issues with submitting location data to Google Maps. I submitted a thread in the past but it got locked, I still need to solve this.

Here is my previous thread: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/help-show-multiple-markers-on-a-map/

Please ignore the links from this thread that would show the situation because I have manually put the coordinates on these.

I will provide you with login credentials to a safe dev environment in my next reply (priv. msg)

Hello diyanK,

Thank you for contacting Toolset Support.

I will be happy to help you with your issue.

I would like to understand the issue correctly before formulating a solution:

1. You want to show multiple markers on a map. Is this a custom post type? Which post type?
2. The markers come from a CRED form. Is this a particular post type? Which post type?
3. Is there any relationship between post type where the markers are saved and the post type where the map is displayed or are they the same post type?

From your original post, https://toolset.com/forums/topic/help-show-multiple-markers-on-a-map/#post-493025 , I believe that the markers are incorrectly placed outside ‘wpv-map-render’.

You can refer to the relevant documentation here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/
More precisely under “Displaying a map with a list of markers, coming from a View”.

Once I have the above information, I can work on a suitable set of guidelines to help resolve this issue.

Additionally, it would be good if you can then provide me with temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) so that I can verify your settings and guide you to the correct path.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

This info is private and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/privacy-security-providing-debug-information-support/

Note that:
+ Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials
+ It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

We'd like to request the permission to disable, enable and install themes and plugins for this site. Please accept this?

Awaiting your reply.

Kind regards

Hello diyanK,

Thank you for detailed explanation. It is indeed really helpful.

I have set up the “Add new farm” form along with the “address” field on fresh local installation but cannot replicate the issue you are facing.

Indeed strange that the longitude coordinates are being generated with so many decimal places.

Therefore, at this stage, I would like to request a copy of your site to debug locally. You can follow the instructions here on how to create a backup copy of your:
https://toolset.com/faq/how-do-i-migrate-a-wordpress-site-from-one-domain-to-the-other/

You can then upload the files to a service like Google Drive or Dropbox and post me the link as a reply.
The reply will be private and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/privacy-security-providing-debug-information-support/

Awaiting your reply.

Kind regards

Hello diyanK,

Thank you for sharing the files.

In my opinion, it might be related to a javascript conflict but I’ll give you the full details once I have debugged the site.

In the meantime, please feel free to share any queries or feedback via a reply.

Kind regards

Hello diyanK,

Thank you for your patience.

I have now escalated this issue to our second tier support who will be debugging the issue further. We will update you once we have a suitable solution formulated.

In the meantime, please feel free to share any queries or feedback via a reply.

Kind regards

Hi Arvish,

Thank you for updating me on the topic, escalation is much appreciated.

D.

Hi guys, is there any progress on this one? I hope it doesn't get closed automatically.

Hello diyanK,

Thank you for your patience.

So far, it would appear to be a theme or script conflict causing the issue.

We are still debugging and we shall get back to once we have formulated a solution.

As previously mentioned, please feel free to share any queries or feedback via a reply in the meantime.

Kind regards

Hi guys, what is the status on this one?
It has been a month since this was moved to second tier..

Thanks for the update.

D.

Hi,

I'm Mohammed, the Toolset support team leader.

I'm sorry for the long waiting time. I've reassigned the ticket to another supporter to help you.

Please wait and you will get a response soon.

Thanks.

Hi,

This is to notify you that this ticket is pending some work from our supporter and he will update you very soon.

Thanks.

I did several debug works on this, and I never got the feedback required on this to proceed.

So I ask you directly now.

1. This is what the duplicator said:
WordPress 4.7.4 is available! Please update now.
We always update before we debug.

I did that, for that purpose.

2. Then, the package had 15 active Plugins.
All have to be removed for debug.
After, there is a "must-use" plugin, also has to be removed.

I did that, for debug purposes.

3. A farmer user does not exist with the provided user/password

I created one.

4. I do not know where to add a new farm, as all is in Russian, but for sure it's on none of the front end links I see on the Copy of the site.
I can also not find a Page where that Form should be visible.

I need exact steps to replicate this issue once on a clean install if this is possible, or if not, for sure on the duplicator package.
I need the exact links to where I should do what.

As for the issue itself, I tried to add an Address, it has these lat and long in CRED when creating the post:

It works just fine.

In the backend thou, the lat long are cropped to something else without even touching that post:

So, Backend rounds up, CRED displays the next lower value.

Anyway it works just fine, but there is this discrepancy.

Is this what you are worried about?

Hi Beda,

Do you have access to the private message #514124 I have added?

I have submitted detailed info (including video screen capture) that gives further details.

Please let me know if you have watched those and I can continue with further if needed, though I believe the screen captures already show it all.

Thanks!
D.

Hello

You do refer to https://toolset.com/forums/topic/submitting-location-to-google-maps-via-cred-form-does-not-work-as-expected/#post-514124 (#514124)?

I apologise, I watched that video now and must say I got a different issue description in the beginning.
(This is of course not your fault, and I will expedite this ticket so you can move on)

What I am looking at there in the Video, to me seems an issue with the API key, but I can not yet be sure.

I will re-deploy your system, and look at this issue from your Video's instructions.

I will feedback to you as soon I have more.

OK, I got your package deployed again, and as first I updated all outdated software, then I disabled all non-Toolset Plugins and activated Toolset Starter Theme.

Then I tried to replicate the issue you are reporting, according to that Video.

The first problem, on that Form, I have no Map.
The whole Form does not hold a Map, I checked in the CRED form edit screen, and there it's inserted, but the Front End does not show it.
(See Screenshot)
I use the "Latev" user. But also as Admin, I do not see a Map.

This is different than in your Video.

I found out this is because of the API, of course, and made it work.
This way I was able to submit the form (see the screenshot of the address).

I published the Post after checking the Data in the Address (see screenshot)
For me, the post Appears (it's Toolset Test).

With this steps, after updating all Plugins and removing everything (also the must use plugins) and updating to the Starter Theme (not the Child), it works fine.

The issue must be within some of your Custom Code or Plugin unless I fully misunderstood and followed the wrong steps.
I also recommend checking your API of the Google Maps service.
We have a DOC for it:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/data-caching-for-google-maps-addresses/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/

I can also offer to test my API on your Site, but I can not leave it there (would have to delete it after).
Anyway, I am almost certain it's a plugin conflict at this point.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.