Skip Navigation

[Resolved] The Events Calendar Pro/Community Events add-on

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I previously asked a general question, which you - and prior support tickets - helped me get the calendar displayed on the website.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/layouts-vs-the-events-calendar-pro-by-modern-tribe/

Now I am trying to integrate the Community Events add-on and finding the prior solution is not sufficient.

The issue in this ticket seems to be similar to what I am experiencing.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/wp-router-placeholder-page/

My question...is there a quality Events calendar plugin that supports front-end submissions from the public, that is known to work well with Toolset/Layouts? I don't mind making some modifications to get a plugin to work but the number of known issues with this one makes me want to consider just going in a different direction.

is there a quality Events calendar plugin that supports front-end submissions from the public, that is known to work well with Toolset/Layouts?

Honestly, not that I know of, but that does also not mean I would know of some that completely fail together with Toolset.

The main issue with such plugins is that they add a feature to WordPress which was and is not really intended by WordPress itself.
Toolset does a bit of the same, sometimes (Example, ShortCodes nesting...)

In those cases it is very often needed to store and handle data in "specific" ways, which then results in this or that compatibility issue, because the other party is suddenly not able to deal with this "specific" kind of data.
Makes sense?

Hence, I cannot name a plugin that granted works with Toolset, as it would require a very complex sequence of Tests.

Related to the specific issues you mention:
- the error https://toolset.com/forums/topic/wp-router-placeholder-page/ is very well explained by Juan in the same ticket
- the issue with "front-end submissions", you might be able to control some of the Post Fields of the plugin (if they store the data in Custom Fields), with CRED; and let the data be submitted by CRED.

But this needs a deeper understanding of the plugin so to know how it stores it's data.

As mentioned, unfortunately event management is not something native to WordPress itself and the plugins offering it, are often handling the data in particular ways.

What I can do is ask our management if we are interested in making some research so to publish a blog post or case study about it.

Would that help?

Maybe we can find a match somewhere.

If you require technical help on the immediate issues you experience, please let me know, we can handle them each in a ticket, maybe we can find solutions for them.

I would need to know steps and errors, so to proceed.
If the plugins are paid, a copy of them (Google Drive Link)

Thanks!

Beda,

Thank you for the thorough reply.

Based upon another support ticket I found today, I have better code to place in the /tribe-events/default-template.php file in my theme. The code I had applied from a different support ticket was not exactly what was needed.

This is the code that properly let me see not only the main Calendar but also the Add Event page:

<?php
if ( ! defined( 'ABSPATH' ) ) {
    die( '-1' );
}

if ( defined( 'WPDDL_VERSION' ) && is_ddlayout_assigned() ) :
    get_header( 'layouts', 'events-default');
        the_ddlayout( 'events-default' );
    get_footer( 'layouts' );
else:

get_header();
?>
<div id="tribe-events-pg-template">
    <?php tribe_events_before_html(); ?>
    <?php tribe_get_view(); ?>
    <?php tribe_events_after_html(); ?>
</div> <!-- #tribe-events-pg-template -->
<?php
get_footer();

endif; ?>

There is still work to be done to modify the Add Event page, but at least now I'm getting something other than a white screen on that page and can continue on. Consider this one closed for now. Thank you!

Thanks for letting us know, and sharing the code you used!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.