Skip Navigation

[Closed] Types compared? + Gravity Forms + Visual Composer

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Richie 11 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

Hello,

I am new to post types. And can anyone help with a comparison here. There are many post type plugins and being new to this i am unsure what questions to ask. But for example our first need is to interface with gravity forms. Does Types do this now? Previous posts suggested we have to use the CPT plugin instead - which seems so very odd. That is why i am asking if anyone can give even a short reason to invest in this Types/Views over another?

Also, i want to build a FAQ and a tabbed area that will house two forms - Currently we are looking at a plugin called visual composer - because it already shows it has accordion type element and a tabbed element. Will this plugin work smoothly with Types/Views?

Sorry for the newbie questions - but we have to start from some point 🙂 Richie

Dear Richie.

There is a tutorial about Types + Gravity forms here:
hidden link

I havent tried Visual Composer, but if it supports custom types it should be ok too.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards.
Caridad

Sorry no that did not help at all. I came to your website because of that article. But why on earth would i use another types plugin when you are a types plugin? It is confusing. This is why i asked if you directly if you integrate with gravity forms -today - not when that article was created first quarter 2012. This is your plugin. So i was wondering with all the 'post / content types plugins' out right now - is yours better and why? Its seems 'wrong' to use one types plugin to do one function (gravity forms) and then use another types plugin to do another function. That is what i am hearing you say here.

I spend lots of money on software, and i just need to understand why your software (plugin) is better than other "types" plugins.

Here are the ones i am looking at. It is not obvious which has better functionality, better code, better support, better expandability, better integration with 3rd party plugins, etc etc....
I have looked everywhere for a comparison of Types plugins but i can not locate one. Please users of Types/Views - why is the best types plugin. Price is NOT the issue for me.

Your 'Types/Views" https://toolset.com/
wordpress.org/extend/plugins/custom-content-type-manager/
wordpress.org/extend/plugins/custom-field-suite/
codecanyon.net/item/ether-content-builder-wordpress-plugin/1690784
codecanyon.net/item/easy-custom-content-types-for-wordpress/234182
wordpress.org/extend/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/

please can someone come and comment why this "Types" is better.

Visual Composer - i understand that is a plugin that works after the fact - after we created a content type - or even a default page/post. I am sorry i brought that into this posting.

Ok no need to reply. Spent all day researching and from what i see your types plugin +views reign supreme! Being new to your site though i would like to ask if you all could create a single 'change log' for the types and views - i read all the blog posts and that is great, but a single page would be the cliff notes 🙂 and lastly could you create a rss to your blog so when you have a new post we can see it quickly.

And if there is a change log / rss i could not find it. Thank you!

Dear Richie,

The 3rd plugin mentioned in that article is not another Types plugin. Its a glue plugin between Gravity forms and our Types plugin.

You have a changelog for Types here:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/types/changelog/

The blog feed is at hidden link

Im adding a suggestion ticket for the following:
- Show Types changelog on our site
- Add Views changelog
- Show the RSS feed link

Thanks for your feedback.
Caridad

Thank you again. Will be buying Views this week.

The topic ‘[Closed] Types compared? + Gravity Forms + Visual Composer’ is closed to new replies.