Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Types plugin in WordPress.org is asking for a subscription key

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

The issue here is that customers are getting a message on our Types plugin asking for a subscription key.

Solution:

We are currently aware of this issue and our team has been working to resolve it. It should be noted that our Types Plugin does NOT require a key to function as it is a FREE plugin.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidM-17 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
types-notice.jpg

I am trying to: REPORT AN ISSUE ON THE TYPES PLUGIN

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Our team is aware of this issue but it should not affect the normal functionality of the plugin and update can still be downloaded .

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I wanted to make sure you realize that it is not just wording that is wrong, but that the plugin is asking for a license key. I entered my license and it accepted it. I do believe there is a danger that asking for a license and saying that the user must have a subscription for updates and support is in violation of the WP.org guidelines.

If you are aware of it and addressing it, great. But the comment from your team on WP.org made it look like they didn't understand what the issue really was.

Have a good day and thanks for the reply.

David McCan

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi David,

Yes I understand the concern and the issue has already been filed on our internal system. Users should not get this message for Types since it is our Free plugin.

If there are no further issues on this then we can mark this one as resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

OK.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.