Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using Views with Divi for multiple column layouts

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I am using Divi.

The site structure is fairly simple: CPT1 = Person, CPT2 = Product. People recommend products. The Person page shows all the products they recommend by category. The Product page shows all the people that recommend it.

However, I can't figure out how to create a multi-column view with Divi in a way that looks decent.

A. I have tried using a view with Bootstrap, each item in the loop displays as a row. Is this related to https://toolset.com/forums/topic/divi-theme-compatibility-with-toolset-bootstrap-css/ ?

B. I have tried using a view with "Table-based grid". However, (1) it isn't responsive, (2) if I set it up for 4 columns and only have 2 items in the view, it shows 2 columns with 50% width instead of 2 items in 25% columns, and 2 "blank place holders" for 2 remaining 25%

C. Just to confirm I'm not crazy, every time I use the "loop wizard" and make a change + save, the divi content template I created for the loop resets [and I have to re-do everything, which is a little annoying]... is that the correct behavior?

On a related note, was there any followup to this statement "We are in discussion with Elegant Themes about them adopting the former, and are hopeful we can avoid the latter, but at the moment we don't have an answer and are unable to say when it will be fixed, I'm sorry to say." from https://toolset.com/forums/topic/divi-theme-compatibility-with-toolset-bootstrap-css/

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 9.35.19 AM.png

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

If you are using the latest version of Toolset views then you should have the integration for your divi builder enabled. You should be able to build out your view using the divi builder.

See screenshot

Notice you will see a button to the right to enable the divi builder.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Unfortunately, this didn't address my issue(s). I am using the divi builder. I think I need greater understanding on how the Divi builder interacts with the Loop in the View.

Assumption: Content is created [correctly for my needs] in the Divi Builder using Toolset shortcode. The content is a "loop entity". Based on that...

A. I have tried using a view with Bootstrap, each item in the loop displays as a row. Is this related to https://toolset.com/forums/topic/divi-theme-compatibility-with-toolset-bootstrap-css/ ?

B. I have tried using a view with "Table-based grid". However, (1) it isn't responsive, (2) if I set it up for 4 columns and only have 2 items in the view, it shows 2 columns with 50% width instead of 2 items in 25% columns, and 2 "blank place holders" for 2 remaining 25%

C. Just to confirm I'm not crazy, every time I use the "loop wizard" and make a change + save, the divi content template I created for the loop resets [and I have to re-do everything, which is a little annoying]... is that the correct behavior?

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

I'm not 100% clear on the issue. You simply want to use our Views plugin to create a multi column display of your items correct?

Because our views plugin requires bootstrap to do the columns you will need to enable bootstrap loading. This setting can be found in Toolset -> Settings -> Bootstrap loading

Please let toolset load bootstrap.

Thanks,
Shane

yes, I am trying to accomplish a simple grid-based, multi-column view similar to hidden link ... image, title, and data (not the sliders).

I have enabled Bootstrap... but I have been in a stalemate for the past week trying to get Divi to work correctly... and have been waiting on support responses for days about that.

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

I must apologize for the lengthy delay time in response with this.

Would it be possible for me to have a look at the grid that you are trying to setup ?

Perhaps seeing it would allow me to assist better.

Thanks.
Shane

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.