Skip Navigation

[Resolved] video lightbox

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I'd like to be able to create small clickable images of say 320x180 px or smaller. When the user clicks an image, I'd like a lightbox popup to appear that actually plays a corresponding video at some larger resolution in an appropriately sized window. For example, I might have a 1920x1080 video that I want to popup into a lightbox at say 960x540 px. (Not necessarily real or valid number, just trying to show an example.)

Since the lightbox is then a popup, the user has to close the window or click outside it in order to get back to the main page content.

Is there a way to do this with your tools? If so, could you please point me to the documentation for it.

Thanks,

David

I just realized that another feature of this popup behavior would be to have the popup show up automatically on a given page after a time delay or if the user tries to leave the page. Are these features available?

Thanks,

David

Hi, a Lightbox or "modal" style display isn't something that Toolset is designed to help you set up through wp-admin, so this will require custom code. The Bootstrap framework is an option with Toolset, so if you choose to include Bootstrap in Toolset > Settings > General, or if your theme includes Bootstrap automatically, you can use the built-in modal component:
hidden link
hidden link

Any other Lightbox or modal implementation would require a separate 3rd-party plugin or some custom JavaScript code, which falls outside the scope of support we provide here in the forums. If you need professional help with this code, you can contact one of our certified partner contractors. Here is the list of our contractors:
https://toolset.com/consultant/

Let me know if you have additional questions about how to integrate Toolset custom fields with a modal you have implemented.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.