Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WC price filter does not work with Layout and Toolset starter theme

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

Pat

Hello,
I'm using Toolset + Wc with Toolset starter theme.
I have placed a WC price filter widget on an archive product page.
The widget is displaying well, but there is no effect when changing the price range and press the "Filter" button.
Can you tell me what is the custom field which is used by WC to manage this filtering function?
Regards
Pat

I escalated a while ago a similar issue, that is confirmed and we are working on, wich relates to the front end ORDERBY feature of WooCommerce.

Right now Views Archive Backend settings take over, instead of the front end WooCommerce Order By Settings.

So this could very well be the same for the Search/Filter widget.

I do not know what Field WooCommerce uses for that filter, as we do not build it, but I suspect it's the _regular_price field (although I am not sure)

You could build a search for this directly in the Views Archive, using a Custom Search.

Would that satisfy the need?

Pat

Hi Beda,
Tanks for your answer.
If you think Toolset will fond a solution in the near future, I can wait for this.
Regards
Pat

OK, I made some further tests and this works just fine.

I used it both with a normal Archive and a Custom Search archive.

I used the WooCommerce Price Filter widget, on Theme Twenty Fifteen, with the required Toolset plugins.

It works just fine.

As soon Layouts gets involved, this breaks.

Also here, there are several issues I already reported.

Unfortunately, this won't get touched until after Layouts 1.9, but after this release, we will look into all this issues in detail.

Pat

Hi Beda,

Is there some news as I've tried again with latest Toolset version and this is still not working !
Regards
Pat

The work is ongoing as we speak

But there is no solution yet.

I will update you when there is something you can use.

Thank you for your patience.

This should be fixed now in 2.0

Please report other issues, in case there are any, in new tickets.

Thank you.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.